And The Winners Are . . .


Taylor and Ann!

Thank you to everyone who chimed in with a guess as to how many pages I'd write yesterday. And thank you for the many shouts of support. Taylor guessed 12 pages. Ann 13. They came the closest. Taylor, I'll have a copy of Dream Quest for you next time I see you. Ann, please drop me an email with your mailing address so I can send on Key of Sea!

As it turned out, I only wrote nine (9) new pages. That's not bad though. They were nine important pages. A scene I couldn't wrap my mind around until I went back and reviewed the whole story. While reviewing I found several places to tighten my writing. So though I only wrote nine new pages, I cleaned up over one hundred old pages. Also, everything I did yesterday paved the way for today.

I'm in the zone.

This manuscript has been an amazing challenge. Come to think of it, every tale is. If 's not the plot, it's the characters. Or the dialogue. Or the narrative. You dream about scenes and twists. You wake up in a sweat thinking you'll never finish on time. Or you'll just make it, but, by God it's the worst piece of crap you've ever written.

Ah yes, the biggest challenge is to keep the faith. To believe in your characters and their story, and in your ability to deliver a satisfying read. To believe in yourself.

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it."
~~Buddha

Comments

Tori Lennox said…
Congrats, Taylor and Ann!!!
Taylor said…
Wow, who knew?! Thanks Beth. After finishing "Jinxed" I'd love to read a short story by you. And paranormal you say? I'm hooked. Thanks again so much! Go job too Ann!
Olga said…
Congratulations to winners! And I agree: writing is huge challenge, and the hardest thing is to believe and move forward no matter what.
ElsieHogarth said…
Oh man, I missed a contest? Oh well, congratulations to all the winners. You too Beth for being "the energizer bunny".

Sister Dear, Mom, the kid( flower girl) and I are off to D.C., this week, our cousin Sylvie is getting married. Family road trip!