Kicking into Hermit Mode

Yesterday was an incredibly interesting and jammed packed day. Unfortunately, I lack the time to blog about it. I would however like to shout out a thank you to Cyndi who called me with a solution to pesky sticking point in my story. Another loose end in that scenario was tied up by one of my co-workers at the library. Thank you. Thank you. The solutions were simple. How could I not see them? Signs of being too close to the story. Signs of being tired and stressed.

In addition to working part time at the library, my summer performance schedule is kicking in. Every spare moment is devoted to the deadline book. I owe some friends a phone call. I've fallen behind on some emails. I apologize if you're one of the people waiting to hear from me. I'll answer soon. Really I will. It's not that I don't care. It's that I'm distracted and obsessed. If my blog posts become sparse, brief, or boring... please bear with me. A book that's giving me fits is due in seven weeks. There are times when writing is fun and easy and there are times when it's frustrating and really, really hard. Guess where I'm at. My tough luck. I have a job to do. The good news is at one point it will click and I will be driven. Of that I have no doubt.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Comments

Cyn said…
Go, B! You've got it in sight!

Hugs, C
Bethany said…
Do what you need to do...

and by all means, take small breaks. ;-)
Mary Stella said…
Sweetie, stop worrying about us and concentrate on your book. We'll be here when you get back. You can do it, B.
Jennifer Elbaum said…
Hey Beth

7 is a lucky number, right?

Must mean it'll be enough time for you to finish!

Hang in there!
FeyRhi said…
You have been in this position before and just seem to shine brighter because of it. It will be awesome you'll see. I'm sure I'm not the only one that believes in you!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thanks all! Your support means a lot. :) I had a lot of revelations last night. The writing went quite well. Chug-chug-chuggin' along.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All

Happy Holidays!