Happy Birthday Paul!


Yes, it's Father's Day. Wishing all dads out there the very best! Paul McCartney's not only celebrating Father's Day, but his 64th birthday. Naturally everyone is referencing his hit from yesteryear--"When I'm 64." As a singer and a music lover, I am in awe and in love with many Lennon/McCartney songs. The words and melodies are timeless. As a romantic, here is one of my favorites.

And I Love Her
(music and words by: Paul McCartney and John Lennon)

I give her all my love. That's all I do. And if you saw my love. You'd love her too. I love her.

She gives me everything. And tenderly. The kiss my lover brings. She brings to me. And I love her.

A love like ours, could never die. As long as I have you near me.

Bright are the stars that shine. Dark is the sky. I know this love of mine, will never die. And I love her.


Do you have a favorite McCartney tune?

Comments

Taylor said…
McCartney's latest album "Chaos And Creation In The Backyard" is pretty good. I like "Fine Line". But if I had to choose a fave McCartney song in terms of lyrics, it'd have to be...well, there's so many to choose from! Hmm, well "Yesterday" is a nice song. :)
Beth Ciotta said…
I must confess, Taylor, I haven't heard Paul's latest. Living in a bubble I am. (aka Deadline Hell) As to "Yesterday"... Classic. What more can I say? I still get chills when I hear "Hey Jude". :) I tell you what, it says a lot for McCartney that you, someone so young, is even aware of his music. Go Paul. Go Taylor!
Josie said…
I always loved these fun lyrics:

Happy ever after in the market place
Molly lets the children lend a hand
Desmond stays at home and does his pretty face
And in the evening she's a singer with the band.

Obladi oblada life goes on bra
Lala how the life goes on
Obladi Oblada life goes on bra
Lala how the life goes on.
Beth Ciotta said…
Obladi!! Great song, Josie. Happy, bouncy, peppy song. :) My band actually does this one. Audiences loe it.
Bob said…
Sometimes it's "Here, There and Everywhere": To lead a better life, I need my love to be there. There, running my hand through her hair, both of us thinking that love never dies, watching her eyes, and hoping I'm always there.

And then sometimes it's: When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride and I get to the bottom and I see you again.

Beatles and McCartney have songs for every occasion.
Beth Ciotta said…
Nice, Bob. ;) You know, I think you're right. A song for every occasion.
Jordan Summers said…
I'd say it has to be Let it Be. It helped me let go, during a very difficult time in my life.
ElsieHogarth said…
I love Beatle's music. My all time favorites are: "Do you want to know a Secret", "Michelle" and "Norweigan Wood". Time to pull out the CD's of the Greatest Hits.
Beth Ciotta said…
Ah, Jordan and Elsie you just named more of my favorites. Let it Be!!!! Michelle!!!! So moving and beautiful. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Holidays!

The Reality of it All