Captain Sparrow and Woody

I love movies. I love seeing movies on the big screen. That is if I can find a seat where no one is sitting in front, behind, or beside me. Specifically, yappers. People who talk through movies drive me insane. Wanna comment on every bit of action or dialogue? Rent the DVD and watch it at home. Please. I beg you. But I digress.

The summer movie season is here or almost here. I don't know the official start date. I do know that there are some movies that I'd hoped to see in the theater that I've already missed. I know there are a couple playing that I would very much like to see but won't--The Prairie Home Companion and The Lake House--because I can't justify giving up the writing time just now. There are two movies, however, that I will break away for.

The first I must see on the big screen: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest . It's all about Captain Jack Sparrow. Well, not all. The whole swashbuckling pirate thing is great fun. *g*

The second must see summer movie is a product of one of my favorite writer/directors, Woody Allen. Granted, his last several comedies fell flat. But he came back strong with the atomospheric drama, Match Point and now Scoop looks like like classic Allen fun. The trailor sold me along with the synop. "A contemporary comedy centering around a student journalist for a college paper visiting friends in London who happens upon the scoop of a lifetime. Along the investigative trail, she finds magic, murder, mystery--and perhaps love, with a British aristocrat." I'm so there!

What are your summer must-sees?

Comments

Bethany said…
Yes, definitely Captain Sparrow is a must see.... definitely.

I love movies. Gosh. I miss them. After having a baby (who is now 3), I have fallen off the movie bandwagon. As of late, been trying to catch up. But like you, between writing, it is definitely hard. All I can say, is thank goodness for Netflix! ;-)
Anna Lucia said…
Oh, definitely Cap'n Jack! Can't wait!!!
Jennifer Elbaum said…
This summer I've vowed not to see any movies at the theater (because every year I promise myself I'm going to see a bunch and I never make it, so I figured that this year I'd set myself up for success). But I forgot that Hugh Jackman (LOVED him in The Boy from Oz!)has at least two films out this summer. So much for that vow...
Jordan Summers said…
Pirates Argh! That's the only movie I'm looking forward to this year. Lake House looks interesting. I hadn't heard of the Woody Allen movie, so I may have to check it out.
Beth Ciotta said…
Bethany, I'm with you. NetFlix rules! They not only have latest release but also an excellent selection of Indies and Classics!

Actually, Jen, Hugh Jackman is the 'British Aristocrat in SCOOP! I'm telling you the preveiwes ar adorable. ;)

Cap'n Jack -- Arg!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've Moved!

The Reality of it All