Rah-Rah-Sis-Boom... HUH?

Okay. So the Romantic Times Booklovers convention is a week and a half away and I've already picked out all of my daywear... including shoes. I tried on a bazillion ensembles before deciding. What? It's a girl thing. It's also an image thing. I'm known for my unique style. I have a reputation to think about. *g* I know what I'm wearing for some of the nightime shows/parties too. More on that later, or better yet, pictures. After.

The one party that I'm not performing at is the Ellora's Cave Fantasy Party. What to wear? What to wear? Hmm. The fantasy aspect is every man's fantasy, I guess, as Ellora's Cave publishes erotic or spicy romance. Last year I went as a Catholic school girl complete with saddle oxfords. One of my fave costumes ever as it was so comfortable to dance in. So this year I toyed with the idea of being a cheerleader. Men fantasize about doing it, uh, being with a cheerleader, right? And hey, bonus, I'd get to wear comfy saddle shoes again. I was a cheerleader in high school (surprise) and believe it or not, I still have the uniform. So today I dug the green and white sweater and skirt out of the attic. Ah, the memories. Anyhoo...

Amazingly, the sweater still fits! A tad tight in the bosom area. I didn't really have bosoms when I was fifteen. I'm not all that 'blessed' now. I was less blessed as a teen. Where was I? Ah, yes. The sweater. So cute with the little cheerleader on the front and my name on the back. I got a small thrill out of the fact that I could actually fit into something that I wore when I was 15!

Then I picked up the skirt.

Uh. Wow. Holy cheese and crackers. It's like a size ONE. I'm talking teeny. I'm talking a waist the size of Scarlett's after she got squashed into that corset! I'd be lucky if I got the waist of that skirt around one of my thighs. Okay. I'm exaggerating. But not much. What? Did I weigh like 75 pounds?! I quickly flipped through an old scrapbook. Found a picture of me at fifteen in that cheerleading uniform. (No, I did not scan it.) I blinked. Was that me? Or one of the Olsen twins? I was a STICK! I ate, too. A lot. I don't want to be that young again but I wouldn't mind that metabolism. Jeez. Yes, I know, it's thirty years later. I've matured. Blossomed. Whatever. I'm still stunned that I was ever that skinny.

So. I am not going to be a cheerleader for the EC Fantasy Party. Back to my closet and attic to see what else I can find. That is after I run downstairs and show my husband my cheerleading uniform. The top portion anyway. ;)

Comments

Taylor said…
Haha sorry to hear that about the skirt, Beth. But it's still a good thing that you can fit into something 30 years later! I can't fit into stuff from me from a year ago already! What will become of me at 30?! I don't want to imagine!
ElsieHogarth said…
Beth, I think you can still go as the cheerleader. Haven't you seen the Cheerleader competitions on TV? They don't all actually wear skirts, they wear pants or shorts. Do you have a Party Fair by you? Something with costumes because they would have the outfits there. Check it out, I think you would look soooo cute.

P.S. Ranch House has been on every night, on PBS, from 8:00PM to 10:00PM, this week.
Jewell said…
Beth,

You were dang cute in that "catholic schoolgirl" outfit last year.

I know you, you will figure out this cheerleader thing easily. And you'll look adorable.

Jewell (thinking she was a size one when she was two-years-old)
Beth Ciotta said…
Taylor, you'll look FABulous in 30 years. No worries. ;)

Elsie, I actually have a short pleated (tennis like) skirt that would work. However, in the back of my closet, I found this cool, sexy pleather outfit that I used to wear on stage. Haven't worn it in forever and it's fun too. Decisions, decisions.
Beth Ciotta said…
Waving madly at Jewell!!! I've missed you. Welcome back. :) I'm going to miss you at RT this year. Waah!
Scott Oden said…
Yeah, we're going to need pictures :)

Lots of pictures.

Scott, who is a mere three decades away from being an official dirty old man
Gabriele C. said…
Ohh, the times of teenage metabolism. Three warm meals a day, XXL sized portions, and lots of chocolate and ice cream in between, and clothes size 0. I was like that well into my 20ies, and then suddenly, every frigging chocolate chip stuck on the hips. ARRRGGHHH.

Now I'm 44 and size 12-14 (I think; sizes are different in Europe) and have to fight to get back to a 10-12 so I can wear everyhing in my wardrobe.

And I still like chocolate and three warm meals a day (only no longer XXL sized protions). :(
Beth Ciotta said…
Why, Scott. I'm shocked! Not. :) Last year there were some pretty wild costumes at the EC party. Not too mention giveaways. I'll be sure to take my camera. Otherwise you might not believe me.
Beth Ciotta said…
Chocolate Chips on Hips. :) Your post made me laugh, Gabriele. Although, I know. Truly, it's darn frustrating. And yes, sizes run different here in the states. :)
Roni said…
Hi Beth! SOunds like the RT convention will be a blast! You'll look great in whatever you wear. You have a flair for looking stylish! I, too, remmeber being around 104 pounds in high school and college. I mostly ate what I wanted. If I gained a couple of pounds, I'd diet for a few days and it would come off. Once I hit 22 or so, the weight started to gradually creep up. And don't get me started on what happens after 50!
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Roni! Yep. My metabolism rebeled around the same time as yours. What's up with that? Cosmo probably has a related article, except I never buy Cosmo. :) As to RT, it will be great fun. I wish you could be there. :(
ElsieHogarth said…
Oh yeah! Scott's back. Missed you!!!I've pre-ordered your book at Borders.
Beth Ciotta said…
Elsie, make Scott's day and post that over at his blog: http://www.scottoden.blogspot.com

:)
Bethany said…
You CAN actually fit a thigh into that skirt? Ha!... now if I could fit my upper arm into ANY of my previous life's cheerleading uniforms, that would be a feat! ;-)
Anonymous said…
did you really try and squeeze into the cheerleading skirt

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've Moved!

The Reality of it All