My Cup Runneth Over

I leave for the Romantic Times Convention on Monday. I'm so not ready. Then again I'm never ready for these things. Ever. I'll be organizing promo items, wardrobe, and notes for workshops, etc, right up until I leave. I work every day between now and then (including Sunday) so, yes, I have officially kicked into manic (er, panic?) mode.

Yesterday, I got a request to participate in another workshop. The workshop is on 'blogging'. Plus it's for booksellers. How could I say, no? Yesterday, I also received the rehearsal schedules for all of the special events. Since I'm performing at three major events, we're talking three rehearsal schedules. Add to that speaking at two workshops, my two scheduled meet and greets, and signing at the four-hour book fair . . . um, when am I supposed to meet with my editor? When am I supposed to catch up with my friends? When am I supposed to attend a workshop so I can learn something?

I know. I'm the one who agreed to participating in so many things. But in my defense, I didn't agree to everything at once. Requests trickled in over a matter of months. Each time I thought, this is a great opportunity. And of course they all are. I'm getting more exposure than a Playboy bunny. I'm grateful. I am. I'm just staring at my week's schedule, at some of the conflicts and trying to figure out how to be in two places at once.

The good news is, I'm no longer stressed about any of my performances. I'm numb. I also know, deep in my heart, that it will all work out. Somehow it always does.

Comments

Beth Ciotta said…
Update: Just scheduled the meeting with my HQN editor. Directly after the Mr. Romance Competition (the last of my commitments), so I will be officially obligation free and able to enjoy laughs and dinner with Abby. Woo-hoo! See. Somehow it all works out.
ElsieHogarth said…
The Energizer Bunny hits Daytona. You'll be fine. Have lots of fun. Eat drink and be merry.

Please say: Hi and Hugs to Mary Stella(Sister Dear and I love her and can't wait until the next opportunity to "stalk" her), Heather Graham and Kathryn Falk. And last but not least a Kiss and a Hug to "My" John.
Tori Lennox said…
Whew! I'm tired just thinking about your schedule! But it also sounds like a lot of fun. :)
chryscat said…
Wow, woman! You are booked!
But it will be a great lot of fun. And I can't wait to read stories of your time there and maybe some pictures?
Travel safe! Have fun!
Grins*
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Elsie. I will be sure to say hi to Mary, Heather, Kathryn, and 'Your John', :) Wish you could be there!!

It will be fun, Tori. Hectic, but fun. :)

Crystal, I'll try to blog while I'm there, but I've never had much luck with that. Barely have enough time to sleep, let alone blog. :) But i'll try. If not, I'll have fun stories when I get home. And, YES, pictures!
Anna Lucia said…
Yes, it WILL all work out, Beth, don't fret.

And you do know the cup runneth over phrase is about being showered with good things and blessings, yes? :-) I think that's very appropriate.
Roni said…
You'll do it, Beth, I know! And with panache!
I'm leaving with my family for England on Monday! Have a great time at RT. Someday I'll get there.
Beth Ciotta said…
You know what, Anna? I didn't even think about it that way when I titled the post. But you're right. I'll take it as a good sign!

Roni, have a fabulous time in England!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!! Oh. Remember to get up and walk around on the plane. It's a long flight. Stretch your muscles. :)
Bethany said…
Savor it girl... you are 'Living the Dream' (if I can steal a phrase from Jenny Crusie and Bob Mayer). Go out there and knock 'em dead. :-)
Jordan Summers said…
Have a safe trip, Beth. Hug Julie for me. :D If anyone can handle a frantic schedule, you can. (wg)
Taylor said…
Have the most fun ever there, Beth! And be safe! Oh, and don't forget pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved!

Happy Thanksgiving!