Romancing the West


A few days ago we talked about my latest release LASSO THE MOON and the subject of its sequel, ROMANCING THE WEST (coming 2007), came up. I've been hearing from readers who are hoping to get more of Seth and the Garrett Brothers. And though everyone easily surmised Rome Garrett will be the hero of THE FALL OF ROME (coming 2008), everyone assumed Emily would be his heroine, and nobody seemed to have a clue as to who'd star in RTW, the book I'm writing now. If you haven't read LASSO THE MOON then you're in the dark just now. It's like listening to a discussion between soap opera fans when you don't watch that soap. Can you believe Joe is with Bunny? He should be with Veronica? And what happened to Ricky? Is he ever coming back from Mexico, or what? Huh?!

Anyway, it occured to me that I could put some of you (Elsie!) out of your misery by sharing the blurb Medallion Press is using to market ROMANCING THE WEST. And also for those of you (Stacie!) who want to know what actor I'd cast as this book's hero, that's him up above. Uh-huh. Viggo. I figure after his heavy role in 'The History of Violence', he could do was some screwball fun. *G* Below is a synopsis of what's been keeping me up at night and monopolizing my days.

Emily McBride is in a pickle. The preacher's daughter secretly writes scandalous romantic adventures. But someone's uncovered her secret talent and threatens to expose her double life. She's certain her small town friends and the man of her dreams will never speak to her again. Worse, she's growing fond of her new friend, a literary poet, who would surely be horrified by her novels.
When the Peacemaker Alliance recruits lawman Seth Wright, he's ready, willing, and able to kick ruthless desperado butt for the covert government agency. His enthusiasm wanes when his first assignment takes him to California to propose marriage to Miss Emily McBride on behalf of his boss, and deliver her back to Arizona Territory. He's a lawman, not a courier. Worse, the small town librarian mistakes him for a dandified poet! Before he sets her straight, she confesses she's mixed up in something tawdry. With two unwanted suitors hounding her, the woman needs protection. Seth assumes the fancy pants identity to room in her house without compromising her reputation. His good intentions take a monumental twist when he develops genuine feelings for the passionate book lover. She's not what she seems. More jolting, neither is he.

Comments

ElsieHogarth said…
Thank you, thank you Beth. I just love you. Now I am happy and appeased that Emily's hero will be Seth. Loved the little excerpt and most definitely see Seth as Viggo(Hidalgo).
Tori Lennox said…
This sounds adorable, Beth!!!
Tori Lennox said…
This sounds adorable, Beth!!!
Bethany said…
The book sounds GREAT, Beth! Can't wait :-)
Gabriele C. said…
And when Viggo is done with the screwball fun, he can go back to play a tortured hero, Talorcan in Storm over Hadrian's Wall. :)
FeyRhi said…
aaarrrgh! Sounds great! Can't wait to read it. I'm feeling tortured by exactly HOW LONG it will be before I can.
May your muse be kind and allow you to write this one quickly with an early release date *BG*
Beth Ciotta said…
You gals made my day. I am so glad you are intrigued! And Gabriele, as soon as I wrap with Viggo, I'll send him over to your set, er, book. :)
Anna Lucia said…
Mmmmm Viggo....

Great blurb, Beth, can't wait!
Stacie said…
Wow-- sounds great! Now, I'll be anxious to read more until the book is released [or when you post an excerpt ;)wishful thinking...]

I have to say, Viggo makes a FINE hero. AND he looks quite good as a comwboy!
Roni said…
Sounds intriguing Beth!

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved!

Happy Thanksgiving!