News Flash!



No, this isn't the book cover for THE CHAMELEON CHRONICLES, but I do like the imagery. Maybe it's the tropical background. Calgon take me away.

Working on two books at once has been... interesting. I've suffered insomnia the past two nights because my brain won't shut down. I'm also currently preparing for the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention (less than a month away!). In addition to 'author' responsibilities, I'm scheduled for three performances. One as a singer, one as an actress, and another as emcee/host. Call me Sybil. Out of curiosity, this morning I took an on-line stress test. It said I'm only moderately stressed. Jeez. I'd hate to know what high stress feels like.

Anyway, over the past two days I've had some exciting email exchanges with my agent (literary, not entertainment) and my HQN editor regarding THE CHAMELEON CHRONICLES. Book one is scheduled for release in 2007 and the marketing department is moving fast. Firstly, Abby Zidle, my editor and champion, informed me that we'd been given the green light so far as using THE CHAMELEON CHRONICLES as the overall series title. WAHOO! However, for marketing reasons, the working title for book one: 'Operation Loveboat' wasn't going to fly. I wasn't heartbroken. I understood the reasons. Mostly, I was just thrilled that we got to keep TCC. Abby asked me if I had any alternate ideas. I didn't. Although, I thought it might be fun to do a spin on a classic movie title for each book as Evie (the star of the series) and Arch (her partner in professional deception and personal lust) are movie fanatics. I offered one idea. Abby came up with a better one. And then three seconds later she emailed Amy (my agent) and I with another idea to which Amy and I responded, "That's it!"

I knew it was it because bells rang and angels sang when I envisioned that title on my book. It was perfect on so many levels. Marketing liked it, too. WAHOO! A take-off on the 1950 classic where Bette Davis offered the legendary line, "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night." The official title for book one in THE CHAMELEON CHRONICLES is . . . (drum roll, please) ALL ABOUT EVIE

I love it!

Once the title was confirmed, the art designers took over. Abby supplied them with physical description, a brief story outline, and the tone: sexy, madcap fun. She said they should have some layouts for us to look at very soon. I cannot wait! Be assured I will share the book cover with you as soon as I can!

Meanwhile, I'm spending this weekend with a bunch of sexy cowboys. Okay, they're only in my head, but they're still fun. For those of you keeping score ROMANCING THE WEST is in the first draft phase. Time to go wrangle those ideas that kept me awake last night. *G* Have a great weekend!

Comments

Cyn said…
Awesome, B! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new title!!! It IS all about Evie. Can't wait for the cover. Great idea about the movie titles.

Hugs and excited for you.
Bethany said…
First... hang in there and chant to yourself: Working towards dream, working towards dream.

And you know what-- you take stress in stride, no wonder you didn't score higher on the test! :-)

About the title? FANTASTIC! Woo hoo! Can't wait to see the cover.
Kelly said…
Love it, love it, love it! Now I can't wait to see the cover. :-)

Can I join you in the stressed about RT club? The friend I am going with keeps calling every few days to tell me, "In X days were leaving for RT." That's all well and good, but I need to wrap up two classes I'm teaching first. Then I can think about RT.

How did it get to be almost May?
Beth Ciotta said…
I'm so glad you're all as thrilled with the new title as I am. YAY!

Kelly, welcome to the "OMG! RT is just around the corner!" club. I know what you mean. Too crammed to think about it just now. I've been reading about your classes over at your blog. You've had some doozy posts. Here's hoping they wrap on a posyive note!
Jennifer Elbaum said…
What a fantastic title! Congrats!
Stacie said…
LOVE the title! As a movie lover, I think it's a great idea! And I'm glad you got to keep TCC! After the continous updates, I can't imagine it released as anything else!

I have another question about LTM: Did you have movie-star inspiration for Josh and Paris? If so, who?

I, too, fell victim to insomnia last night. Although, I wasn't doing anything creative-- just re-reading Seduced and LTM. Oh, and Angels and Demons. *Sigh* So many books, so little time!

Yes, I did get the message on my tag board. Thanks! I've had a relaxing, uneventful spring break.

Hope you've had a great and productive weekend!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thanks, Jen and Stacie. I'm lovin' the new title too.

Stacie, I usually have actors in mind when I write the hero and heroine, but you know what? Not for LTM. Can't say why. It's just that no one in particular came to mind. Any ideas? ;) Regarding rerereading my books, all I can say is that I'm absolutely thrilled that they give you such pleasure. Glad to see you back at the blog!
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi all. I've been trying to upload a new post all morning. Blogger is being testy. Hopefully, it will let me upload later this afternoon. Keep checking back. I'll keep trying.

Meanwhile, update, had a good writing day yesterday. Yeehaw!
Anna Lucia said…
GREAT title, Beth! You must be so chuffed!

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved!

Happy Thanksgiving!