The Stars and Moon


When I was a little girl, a much older cousin was pictured in a layout for Pan Am airlines in a prominent fashion magazine. She was a stewardess (yes, that was the PC term back then). She got to wear a fashionable uniform, including a chic hat. Oh and, bonus, travel the world. I thought her life was glamorous and being featured in a magazine was just about the most exciting thing ever! I admired her, slept with the magazine under my pillow for weeks, thinking I should be so lucky.

I must have wished upon a star or something. I am that lucky. Because of my profession(s) I do get to wear fashionable clothes. I travel extensively due to business and pleasure. Because I have been involved in so many RT conventions, my picture has appeared many times in the Romantic Times magazine. It's always an honor and a thrill. Last spring, SEDUCED was featured on the cover of Affaire de Coeur magazine. I walked on air for weeks thinking this is what my cousin felt like, this is the most exciting thing ever!

Two days ago a package arrived in the mail from my publisher containing the February 2006 issue of Affaire de Coure. The issue pictured here. I was stunned. This made the second time in less than a year that one of my books made the cover of a magazine. To make the thrill even sweeter, the review of LASSO THE MOON was displayed in a special box as 'Reviewers Pick'!

"Witty dialogue puts the story on a fast pace and will have you smiling if not laughing out loud. A great combination of romance, laughter, mystery and triumph." -- Five Stars! Affaire de Coeur

I know it sounds shallow to think that being featured in a magazine is the most exciting thing ever! But it's not really about the magazine. It's about a little girl realizing a childhood dream. It's about the adult woman realizing a mid-life dream. Sometimes, most of the time, it doesn't seem real.

Comments

Mary Stella said…
You deserve the recognition, Beth. Well done, my friend!
Jennifer Elbaum said…
It's not shallow at all Beth. It's a huge accomplishment and you should not only be proud of yourself but you should enjoy the excitement. Congrats!

See, you were right to turn down Sponge Bob to focus on your writing!
Scott Oden said…
Way to go, Beth! :)
Tori Lennox said…
I think it's very exciting! Congrats!!!
SassyElsie said…
You go Beth! Shallow...you don't know shallow, be very proud, we all are. Congratulations again.
robynl said…
Woo hoo on the cover in the magazine; good for you.
Cyn said…
B, I love that you've realized a childhood dream and a mid-life dream together! The cover looks great. It's not shallow. You worked hard for it. Enjoy it! Congratulations on the review! I can't wait to read the book in its final form.

Love, C
FeyRhi said…
I have to agree with everyone else. You are so NOT shallow!! and I'm so excited for you as well. Congratulations!! It's well deserved, I love that book.
Beth Ciotta said…
*Sigh* You guys are the best. Thank you for celebrating with me. Wish on those stars and hold tight to your dreams!
Jewell said…
Oh, Beth!

It's an absolutely gorgeous cover of a gorgeous cover!

HUGE CONGRATS!!!

And I'm with everyone else ... you have not a shallow bone in your body!
roni said…
Beth, it's not shallow at all to have dreams and goals..we all need things to strive for! And how exciting to have a dream come true! Mucho congrats!
Anonymous said…
Congrats!! This is exciting - not shallow.

Enjoy this moment. I enjoy sharing it with you.

Lori
Josie said…
Beth, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations! You deserve it!
Beth Ciotta said…
Chiming in with another huge thank you for everyone's well wishes! I really appreciate it!

On another note, Josie, I have to know... what movie is your avitar from??
It is exciting! It's a huge accomplishment and not shallow at all to be thrilled. Congrats!
Bethany said…
WOO HOO! Way to Go! And yeah, all the squealing and jumping up and down--it usually is due to living the dream, not the actual *thing* that we are actually reacting. So start dancing girl--THIS is fabulous!

:-)
Jordan Summers said…
Actually, I think it's wonderful. It's exciting to appear on the cover of a magazine. I can't even imagine. Way to go!!!
Julia Templeton said…
You should be proud of yourself, Beth. You've come a long way in just a few short years :). Congrats on the wonderful review!
Beth Ciotta said…
Mechele, Bethany, Jordan and Julie... THANK YOU! Still beaming today.

Speaking of today, I'm working an 8 hr shift at the library then have writing I HAVE to do. Probably no new post today. :( Have a great one!
Larissa said…
How COOL!!!! Congrats, Beth!!!!
Olga said…
Wow, that is so impressive! Major congrats, Beth!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thank you muchly, Olga!!! :0)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've Moved!

The Reality of it All